Photoblog > Rieselfeld by Philine 4

Posted on August 9, 2011 by Wim View this photo on my photomap!

We’re back in Germany where Philine made some nice ones of a nature reserve near her town.

Rieselfeld by Philine 4

On this day in history

• Light
  • Column
  • Number 5
  • Beach II
  • Cold Store – Staircase
  • Alley V
  • Llano III
  • Blighted Oak

Photomap

My Instagram photos > View all

Replies

By Chad Doveton on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 08:07

This has a feeling of warmth and reassurance about it. Wood is a lovely material which exudes a warmth in itself. The green shows there is life growing from these old branches. The tightness is comforting like being held in a parent’s arms, or a duvet keeping us warm. We can peep through and see that all is well with the world and the sky is blue. There are some soft white clouds which indicate water vapour, that most precious commodity.

By Ginnie on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 08:18

Ohhhh. I love seeing Philine’s photo here, Wim. I keep telling her she needs to have her own blog! Seriously. :) Thank you.

By Chris Phillips on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 08:29

You have captured the full cycle of life here Philine. From verdant growth through to death & decay. Additionally we have the use of the material after life has expired in the form of a fence post. Wood is second only to flesh on this earth to remind us of mortality

By Bill Phillips on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 10:43

This is a very pleasing picture. You get to peep through into the distance and the range of greens against the pale blue of the sky is very gentle

By Harry on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 13:33

An interesting composition of natural and man-made elements, all with a veneer of green. The sky is nice, with good color that does not drag the foreground into dark tones.

By Don on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 15:09

I like the patterns created with your selection in this tree branch image. I like the overall colorcast too. An effective shot.

By Astrid on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 18:02

Wonderful picture, Philine.
Love the focus and the ‘see through’
You have a great eye for photgraphy, very well done!!
Wim, thank you for giving up space again for Philine, this is fun.

By Philine on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 at 21:50

Thank you very much for your comments! I have to admit that this picture is touching my soul and my eyes, but after having read your so precisely analysing comments I could now explain why I like this picture.

Your reply

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *